Saturday, 23 April 2016

Restart trip!

Wednesday Restart'
The day started with both of us waking off and on throughout the early hours of the morning as Bart had suggested we go to,sleep,early to save battery power!😡Well that turned out to be a big problem as he awoke made a cups and popped out for the usual smoke, he realized we had no power! The battery had died😂 the decision to pack up and head back to Norseman in the hope that they could have a service supplier or battery to replace ours was the objective.  Discussions on whether we would have to drive back to Kal were often and of course we were resigned to the fact that this may have to be the best solution to solving a big problem....needless to say I had reminded Bart that I had suggested battery checks or possible replacement prior to out trip but of course...what would a woman know?
 Thank goodness for great service at Wilsons diesel auto service.  We got a new battery installed etc for $245...great service, friendly young and old staff who were so very accommodating and helpful! 😍On the road again by nine am.  Got to camp spot by four thirty and I guessed the time by the shadows much to Bart's disbelief!  
We had decided that when we entered the highway across the nullabor that a great thing to do was not to play spot to as we did when kids but to tally the number of tourists we saw as we travelled the highway.  Not counting the times stopped for toilets, lunch etc...we were too busy doing other things, I counted 155 tourist vehicles ...those that were either a caravan, motor home, camper trailer or vehicle with obvious holiday or travel gear.  I also counted trucks ..68 and 26 motorbikes.  I was amazed that the tourists outnumbered the trucks.  We also saw  three walkers and two lone cyclists. Think there should always be safety in numbers and sorry we saw one hitchhiker!

One of the lovely things we saw were the beautiful Gimlet trees that seem to have trunks that glow a coppery gold amongst the foliage of the bush!  I eventually found some flowering aeromophilia trees as well...with pink orchid like flowers and we grow these in our yard thanks t o friends in Goomalling who initially bought them for us as a gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment