Friday, 22 April 2016

Goomalling

Today we finally arrived in Norseman after a sad time of aging farewell to our mate, Paddy Brennan in Goomalling.  It was a timely reminder to me that time passes by too quickly and we leave things for too long, like catching up with mates and family, of course.  It was also a big reminder of how much I missed Paddy's Mum, Betty and my own!  
There is always the positives and knowing that Paddy had done in life all that he chose to do was gratifying, even though we, along with countless other friends, had been unsuccessful in tying home to girlfriends of our choosing!  He was a sincere and gentle friend and will be missed.  We also got to stay with dear friends Sheila and smog as well as godson Royce...with whom this role was shared with Paddy.  Bart became celebrity of the week after toasts to Patrick and he was able to catch up with oils footy mates in Goomalling and I got to catch up with school families and kids I had not seen since they were five or six.  It was fabulous to see them and I will commit to getting in touch more often when we get home and through social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment